I know I know, I’m a woman/daughter/sister/wife/mother myself. How could I possibly be saying this? If at all, I should be standing up and supporting my brood, loud and clear. However, it is what it is. All I can say is, don’t judge me AS YET.
- Because my mobile phone has over a GAZILLION completely annoying, mostly irrelevant, some derogatory and other loud and tacky messages on Woman’s Day!! Don’t get me wrong, I value the simple one-liners I get from my family and loved ones, but lets face it – over 90% of the material on my multiple whatsapp groups is nothing but recycled JUNK.
- Because the media hype surrounding days like these is overwhelming, to say the least. Common guys, when will you recognize that there is a lot more to us than everything PINK and BLING??
- Because just 1 teeny-tiny, miniscule little day to celebrate the achievements of women all around the world is just not enough.
- Because the day after Woman’s Day, all the hooplah about women equality, their issues, achievements and honors takes a back-seat and life suddenly comes back to normal 🙁
- Because somewhere we recognize the fallacy of this and yet, come 08th of March the next year, we are back to celebrating this day again.
Someone has rightly said, man is a creature of habit. Not a very good habit this one eh!